Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good Bye…For Now


It has been one week since my Mom and I received Adams phone call about my dad being taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I was sitting in the passenger seat when Adam called my Mom’s phone, I picked it up because my Mom was driving. Automatically, Adam demanded that he speak to her. Right in that moment I knew that something wasn’t right. All these different scenarios of what might have happened went racing through my head. I put the thought of my Dad dying in the back of my mind hoping for the best and praying that God was embracing my Dad, healing whatever was wrong with him.

That night was rough, waiting to hear what exactly was wrong. Having several different doctors and nurses introduce themselves and say “Sorry to meet you under these circumstances.” I so badly wanted for God to miraculously heal my Dad and to show the doctors just how amazing our Lord is. Unfortunately the Lord brought my Dad home. I say “unfortunately” when in actuality my Dad meeting our heavenly Father is one of the most fortunate and beautiful things that could happen. It is only unfortunate to those of us left here on earth with an empty and hollow feeling.

On Sunday the 28th the hospital Chaplin was with my family and all of our friends as we gathered in a circle around my Dad’s bed. He began to read Psalm 23 and I couldn’t help but weep and wonder how it came to this? How could the Chaplin be reading THIS Psalm….. the one often read at funerals? How could it be that I just gave my Dad a hug the previous day and now he is brain dead??

It’s hard to believe that just yesterday my family went to go pick up my Dad’s ashes. I still feel like my Dad could be in the next room strumming on the guitar or out in the garage working on one of his projects. I realize that my Dad is no longer here on earth, but in Heaven with the Lord, and that is where he should be. After all, God’s timing is perfect! I’m so grateful for the time I got to share with my Dad. He was the most amazing father a daughter could ever hope for! (I know that sounds somewhat cliché, but I mean it with all of my heart!). He always wanted to make sure that I was doing well. He would always ask me how my car was running, if I needed money, how school was going. He was always there for me. I could talk to him whenever, about whatever and I know that he would listen with and open heart and give whatever advice he could. I’m so blessed to have had him as a father. So much of the Lord could be seen in him and I will miss him until the day I am brought home.

I want to thank all of the people who have been praying and loving on us. My family is blessed and we wouldn’t be able to make it through these hard times if it wasn’t for God placing you in our lives. I love you all and pray that God blesses each and every one of you!

Much Love,
Larissa

1 comment:

  1. Your strong faith and devotion come through so clearly in this beautiful tribute. God bless you and your family; may He comfort you and give you strength. You will see your father again in heaven, and he will be waiting for the great reunion. Peace be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete